Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Luxurious Dim Sum Lunch

I treat my colleagues today as they bought me birthday lunch last week. The restaurant nearby our offices are all expensive. But they have some value-added elements in each of the dim sum dishes. My weekend special price prawn dumpling could be HK$12.5, but today's is HK$45, however we have a thin layer of gold on top of each one. Let me highlight the expensive element of each of the dishes, just for fun.

Prawn Dumplings with Gold Topping
金箔水晶蝦餃 HK$45 (US$5.78)

Pork Dumplings with Scallops Topping
帶子燒賣HK$45 (US$5.78)
Spring Rolls 春卷
HK$38 (US$4.87)
Vegetable in Hot Pot 馬拉盞通菜
HK$88 (US$8.7)
Deep Fried Spare Ribs in Sweet & Sour Sauce
陳皮話梅香酥骨董 HK$88 (US$11.3)
Dessert
Steamed Buns with Fluid Egg Yoke &
Swallow's Nest Stuffing &
Truffles Topping 黑松露燕窩流沙包
HK$45 (US$5.78)
Jiang Shan Xiao 江山笑
Shop 2B, 1/F, Retail Podium Lippo Centre,
88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong. Tel: 852-2810 6921
Hong Kong Chinese Food - Cantonese Dim Sum





1 comment:

cfusion said...

Mmm, looks delicious. I miss Hong Kong. About 35 years ago, we used to come to Hong Kong and spend Christmas. I love it. I also remember going to an "authentic" smorgasbord in restaurant located inside a hotel. Outside the restaurant door was a huge wood-carved Viking. Anyone remember this place?