Sunday, March 31, 2013

Semi Buffet Brunch

Eggs Benedict made my weekend brunch very special and I do love it.  In Hong Kong it's not easy to find quality genuine western food at reasonable price.  Recently I have had a very nice egg benedict from the Town Gas restaurant in Causeway Bay.

Town Gas is the sole supplier of cooking gas in Hong Kong.  It promotes real fire cooking, offers cooking classes and at he same time running a restaurant which emphasis 'cooking on real fire'.  Hence the name of the restaurant is called 'Flame'.

I went on Sunday when they serve semi buffet brunch.  The cost varies upon your choice of main course.  Salad bar and dessert on buffet table; soup, main course and coffee being brought to you by waiters.

Eggs Benedict - HK$128 (US$16.4)
 
My eggs benedict was very nice.  My friend's king prawn linguine was also very good.
 
Prawns Linguine HK$148 (US$18.9)

We had an option of upgrading the daily soup to lobster bisque by adding HK$20.  This was highly recommended by the shop manager, so we decided to give it a try.  It was good but personally I thought the taste was a bit too strong for me. 

Lobster Bisque (HK$20 surcharge)
The bread basket was also nice.  The crunchy fingers and warm breads served with homemade butter.
There were many cold dishes and we love green vegetables the most.  There were several salad dressings and I found the Balsamico to be the best, while my friend said their classic caesar dressing was really good.

Jet-Fresh Mesciun Mix Green & Fresh Romaine Lettuce
As for dessert, there were tiny cups of jelly, creme brulee, puffs and cakes.  Of course the creme brulee is always my favourite.

Creme Brulee
 
Having a cup of latte to wrap up our Sunday brunch was absolutely perfect.

Latte, cappuccino or any other kind of beverage at your choice.
 
Flame
G/F, 59-65 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2367 2710

No comments: